2.28.2008

Yeah Right

I started this blog hoping that I would start writing again. I told myself that I would post every day to get back into practice, or at least once a week. As it turns out, I don't have time for that. Or anything interesting to write about, for that matter. This week I have ... finished reading The Scarlet Letter and Wide Sargasso Sea for my English classes. Designed and pitched two logos for organizations on campus. Eaten an entire bag of Easter SweeTarts. So much for an exciting lifestyle. 

The English Honors Society on campus is putting out a literary journal. I would love to publish something in it, but I haven't written anything of merit in a really long time. And it is really lame to publish something that you wrote two years ago for your creative writing class. I did design their logo, though. I guess that counts for something. 

I guess I could work on a piece to put into the journal. Maybe a short story or an essay or even a rework blog entry on some interesting topic. It gives me a reason to get back to writing again. Remember back in junior high when they would ask you to make a story from three random elements drawn from a hat? You'd end up with something like a character who only dressed in yellow, a remote jungle, and a teacup and have to write a story about it. Those kinds of things always intrigued me, especially when you got to see how everyone else interpreted those three objects. I should try something like that again. How did that teacup get to that remote jungle, anyway? 

0 comments:

 
Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan